The next day was offically day 1 of San Degio! We decided to head to Sea World for the day but not before a stop to Mission beach for a early morning stroll.
Seaworld was as expected AMAZING! We saw Flamingos just walking freely through the park, the boys got to see various mascots (cookie monster, Count, and sea world friends), Trick or treating was fun oddly we got ALOT of peanut butter though. The shows put on were amazing they had one by blue Horizon which was balgogus and dolphins and I must say it was the best show (yes better then even the Shamu show). I do recommend Sea world for anyone it's friendly for ALL ages though if you loose your child (yes Ethan ran off for about 2 hours) don't bother asking the staff for help they are toss. Strangers helped me! But that was the only downside of this great adventure.
Day 2 we decided not to slow down but instead go fast forward! We jumped in the car and headed 2 hours through LA to Hollywood! We seen a Jack in the box and after all the comercials I seen as a kid I basicly Begged Andy to go. We were in LA at this point and not in a good area but I insisted and we went. No we never got mugged but it was a very fast meal and kinda a uncomfortable one. LA people are a bit scary looking (sorry if your from there). We finally arrived in Hollywood after what seemed like forever (one straight dirty boring road for 2 hours with 3 bored kids). BUT Yaaa we were in Hollywood RIGHT! Nope I am going to be blunt here and say I feel ripped off! Hollywood consists of a few jazzed up streets (Hollywood bolavard) and well THAT'S IT! I wanted to see the hand prints and was excited when we got to the old Chinese theater but it was all roped up and we were pushed on our way by serurity as they were preping for a movie premier for a film called RED. We did go to Madame Tussanes (wax musseum) and that was impressive and we were allowed to touch and pose with the statues so great for kids. Yes we even made it to Ripley Believe it or not Museum (tourist trap). In the end we went on search for the Hollywood sign (not somthing easy to find). We found ourselves at a dude ranch where we climbed a mountain and found some amazing views (and the sign). Yes sounds awsome but in between all that the rest was filled with alot of litter, bums, beggars, drunks and just run down dirtyness.
1 comment:
I am still trying to decide if we'll ever do a trip to Cali. I'd love to go back to Utah again, though. The mountains are so nice and our friends there are amazing.
Post a Comment