Thursday Mason had a halloween party at Kiddie Care, He dressed as a monkey this time and didn't really like the costume after dropping him off I took the boys to school and was informed I was going onto the prarie!
Now everyone here knows if I get an oppritunity handed to me I will always grab it so was not shocked when I had 5 minutes to get from school to the bus. After a 2 hour drive we were in a mini Afghanistan dressed up (the lasses were dressed in Burkas, except for 3 of us who dressed as men) ***Pictures to come*** We walked around the village and played civilians well our lads who are actually about to go tot he real Afghan trained after 28 days out in the cold with little to no sleep.Was an amazing experience and a huge eye opener into a tiny bit of what my husband and these men actually do. Weirdest part of this story though... I bumped into my Parde' The man who baptised the boys How crazy is that!!!! He is going out to Afghan as well for support to the lads.
Anyhoo our task had ended after a day of being searched, chased, shot at (with blanks). We were greeted by 2 helicopters that brought us back to civilisation in time to pick the boys up from school.
Now a normal person would say that would be the end to their day but it was nowhere close for me! I got home sorted the kids ready for Cora to come babysit for me then got my bag and hit the road with Drew. We had our first real game tonight against the men (Andy's team which has played 3 games winning all by like 10-0) so yes I was shaking like a leaf when I got ontot he ice but I managed and no I didn't score but I did get sent to the sin bin (penalty box) for knocking one of the men and bringing him down Oops! We ended up in a 3-3 tie only because one of the lasses scored on our net double oops (wasn't me).
Now Friday was the kids final parties (thankfully)!!!! Mason and I headed to pop in and play (dressed as a Skeleton) we had party food, enjoyed the other little tots and had a good play.
From there we headed to school as the older two had a school dance! Did you have a school dance at 4????????? I remember my first one I was 12 *Jr High*. Anyways I went to help chaperone and take pictures of the boys. Then it was home where we followed suit to last night, all boyhs in bed and babysitter at the door!
Andy and I again whisked away along with some friends to a Halloween party for adults! We drank, sang played drinking games and did all fun things that lead you to hurting in the morning (in which I am).
1 comment:
Adorable costumes! What a crazy, hectic, amazing day you had!
Post a Comment